Interview with Markus Niemeier, General Manager at Metronomia
To get the things started, tell us something about you?
I joined Metronomia in November 2022 as Managing Director. Before entering the clinical research community, I held a number of leadership positions at professional and financial services firms and served on the boards of various private companies in different countries.
Today, Metronomia has more than 120 employees, who contribute to the successful delivery of clinical projects (> 650 to date) in all clinical development phases and major therapeutic areas. Our clients are pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies seeking expertise and services with respect to biostatistics, clinical data management, and medical writing. We are proud to support many of the top global players in the world and many innovative and dynamic small and mid-sized biotech and pharma companies performing critical and valuable clinical research.
By the way, our name “Metronomia” originates from the Greek language and means “managing the measurable”, our mission for greater than 30 years!
What can Metronomia offer in terms of achieving EXCELLENCE in data quality, outcomes, and customer service by implementing best-in-class systems and processes?
We achieve excellence very much through the commitment and attitude of our highly qualified staff and their expert knowledge. Our staff goes the extra mile which is often necessary to meet client objectives. We also constantly optimize our systems and processes by scrutinizing the status quo, identifying new options and implementing the best solutions. Thus, our EDC product portfolio today includes Medidata Rave, Viedoc, Veeva Vault, and Clincase. METRONOMIA is continuously enhancing and accelerating internal processes by conducting company-wide digitalization projects.
5 reasons why pharma companies choose you as Partner?
- More than 92% of our business is repeat business, highlighting that customers appreciate the service they receive and the quality of our work. We are thankful for the recommendations from many satisfied customers, some of whom have moved to new companies and have taken us with them!
- In addition to high quality, we offer an exceptional customer experience through personalized service, and open, honest and proactive communication. METRONOMIA often acts as an external extension of the client team!
- A flat organizational structure gives our clients direct access to specialists, it enables us to adapt with maximum flexibility to client needs and it is the foundation for a high staff retention rate.
- Working with us as your “one stop shop” for all your clinical research data needs enables standardization, efficiency and effectiveness! This is particularly important for small and mid-sized companies who benefit to a maximum from “align once & implement often” with regard to data management and stats deliverables and processes.
- Size matters! Our clients experience that METRONOMIA is the „right“-sized partner – which always gives the “right” attention to their projects.
In what outcomes do you think clinical trials innovation programme will help you?
We have been a long-standing member of the clinical trials innovation programme and consider it home turf, a place to gain insights on outsourcing trends and market developments, to revisit and form new partnerships, and to evaluate our services for and contribution to clinical research.
The personal atmosphere, networking opportunities and the one-to-one meetings are conducive for the development of deep understanding of industry and customer needs and the strategic planning of METRONOMIA with respect to assisting on achievement of targets in clinical projects.
Finally, the CTIP helps to spread our belief that the advantages of working with a focused Data Science CRO as single data center and functional service provider far outnumber those from full-service CROs!