Delivering Excellence in Global Logistics
At Qatar Airways Cargo we are proud to offer you Pharma, a product specifically designed for your pharmaceutical and healthcare cargo. It offers a critical service for the most urgent and lifesaving pharmaceutical shipments, temperature-controlled containers, passive pharma shipments as well as a dedicated service for your healthcare products that don’t require temperature control like medical devices. Our Pharma service ensures all pharmaceutical shipments are kept within the required conditions during all stages of transportation.
We understand your business thoroughly, its unique needs and challenges. Our extensive network, state of the art facilities, and industry leading standards guarantee a seamless cool chain for your temperature-sensitive cargo. From origin to destination, we are here to help you transport your cargo in the safest and most efficient way possible.
- Hub at Hamad International Airport, Doha with dedicated cold rooms
- 2,470 sqm airside Climate Control Centre for temperature-controlled storage, imports and exports
- Quick Ramp Transfers (QRT) at the Doha hub. Aircraft to Aircraft transfer in 90 mins
- Temperature-controlled trucks at Doha hub to eliminate ramp exposure
- 200 + temperature-controlled positions for units requiring temperature management
- Seamless and consistent service quality throughout the network
- Ability to offer bespoke solutions according to customer requirements
- Our Pharma network spans over 90 destinations worldwide and is growing
- Real-time tracking of order status and shipments
- Dedicated Climate Control team at Doha hub monitoring 365 days around the clock
- Ability to approve customers’ data loggers to track shipments, with the highest safety standards
- Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) team at Doha hub
- Do Not Split (DNS) Operational controls to ensure shipments fly in a single lot
- Specialised service category for critical medical shipments
- Lane Risk assessments through Validaide
PHARMA CRITICAL ADVANCED
For highly sensitive, high value healthcare products that require not only a time definite schedule but also care during the journey, focused on temperature management. We offer expedited, temperature managed solutions for healthcare shipments that need temperature-controlled containers.
For high value and highly sensitive healthcare products that require care and a time definite schedule. Pharma Critical Passive is optimal for a robust temperature-controlled service without temperature- controlled containers.
For healthcare products transported in qualified packaging applied by customers that require temperature managed storage and transportation.
Shipments are transported as requested between +2°C to +8°C or +15°C to +25°C. Procedures include expedited handling of products at the hub and network, controlled storage at warehouses, aircraft hold temperature control and transportation by reefer trucks to and from the aircraft with additional care and monitoring by our dedicated Climate Control Operations team at Doha.
A service specially designed to cater to medical devices, accessories and drug delivery tools that are not temperature sensitive, but must be transported in compliance with Good Distribution Practices.
DID YOU KNOW!
- Last year we offered 23 types of containers on lease and over 4,000 temperature-control units flown around the world.
- Qatar Airways Cargo is an Envirotainer QEP accredited carrier
- We are members of Validade, Pharma.Aero, the Cool Chain Association, and IATA. We continuously enhance our services to comply with the latest developments in pharmaceutical logistics.
- Qatar Airways Cargo is IATA CEIV Pharma certified and has invested heavily in handling quality and training across all of its 90 pharma stations around the world.
- We extend our pharma service to transport health products intended for animal use such as animal vaccines, food supplements, medication and clinical research equipment.
All pharmaceutical shipments at the Doha hub and throughout Qatar Airways Cargo network are handled with the highest standard of excellence, adhering to the Pharmaceutical Industry Standards. Pharmaceutical shipments are consistently stored, transported and handled under suitable conditions as required by the product specification and comply with all applicable standards, regulations and guidelines expected from pharmaceutical manufacturers.
About our Hub Facilities - CLIMATE CONTROL CENTRE
The state-of-the-art Climate Control Centre at Hamad International Airport is a 2,470 sqm transit facility situated at the airside and enhances our ability to process more volumes of pharmaceuticals quickly, within a climate- controlled environment.
- Two zoned rooms for +2°C to +8°C and +15°C to +25°C
- 78 ULD storage positions in each zone, total of 156 positions
- Separated areas for storage of pharmaceuticals, segregated by a wall and a fast shutter door
- Three truck docks in each zone with blow up curtains to seal around the truck when docked to maintain temperature integrity
- Ante-room to ensure constant set temperature within the zoned area. This can also be used as a staging area
- Additional throughput capacity of 285,000 tonnes annually 62 charging points for active containers
At Qatar Airways Cargo, we always aim to be at the forefront of technological developments in the industry, so that our pharmaceutical and healthcare customers can benefit from superior transport solutions.
For bookings and enquiries, visit qrcargo.com or click here to contact your nearest Qatar Airways Cargo office
About Pharma Supply Chain and Logistics Innovation Programme 2023
Pharma Supply Chain and Logistics Innovation programme is a promising conference of World BI, focusing on different aspects of supply chain challenges especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Get to know how supply chain professionals ensure the agility and visibility of the complex supply chains with the technological advancements in the world nowadays. Implement the robust supply chain plans as forecasted and monitoring the distribution network, keeping in mind the last mile delivery and patient centricity.
European Pharma Supply Chain and Logistics Innovation Programme to be held in Hyperion Hotel Basel, Switzerland on 25-26 May 2023.
USA Pharma Supply Chain and Logistics innovation Programme to be held in Marriott Courtyard Downtown Boston, Massachusetts on 19-20 October 2023.
This year Pharma Supply Chain and Logistics Innovation programme will come up with new flavors discussing all the challenges for a disrupted supply chain post covid, supply chain management and supply chain differentiation covering technological advancements. This conference is a blend of discussions featuring end-end supply chain, supply chain optimization, product security & authentication and regulatory compliance.
Speakers & delegates from MSD, GSK, Novo Nordisk, Vifor Pharma, Bayer, Johnson and Johnson, Novartis, Cytvia, Clover Biopharma and many more are looking forward to joining this conference.